Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Playgroups

Join us for loads of fun activities and free play this month. Every Monday we meet from 9:30-11am. Bring a packed lunch if you want to stay longer and enjoy each other's company, while getting the kids fed!!

March 7: Super Science Mommy Monday
Don’t miss playgroup this Monday, March 7th because we will have a Super Science Discovery Day complete with exploration stations little ones will love. We will investigate liquids, solids, and mystery items - encouraging hands-on play and discovery while making only a slight mess. Play clothes and curious minds recommended.

March 14: Open play. Bring a bike/scooter/riding toy for your child.

March 21: No playgroup (moved to Tuesday for this weeks outing)

March 22: Hands on House Children's Museum in Lancaster.
We will be meeting at the church at 10:30am (we should get to HOH by 11am for those of you who would like to go straight there). Please bring a bagged lunch to eat at the time you feel is best for your child. There is a FREE extra fun and learning program this day 11am - 2pm. Admission will cost $3.50 per child and adult (admission is regularly $7 however Mom's Group will be assisting with the cost) If this is still a hardship for you please contact Heather Myers or Stephanie and we will get assistance for you, please do not let the cost deter you from attending. Please RSVP below so we can have a head count prior to the 22nd.

March 28: Open play. Bring a bike/scooter/riding toy for your child.

11 comments:

Heather M. said...

Madison, Christian & I are able to go to the HOH.

Stephanie said...

Emma, Lincoln and I will be attending.

Michelle said...

Eliza and I won't be able to make this one.

Jenn said...

I had been putting my two cents in about when to go to the Hands on House and just realized that Levi starts preschool that day. It doesn't end until 10:50, so it probably won't work for us to attend. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

I can't make it either. Courtney is having her jaw expantion (sp?) thingy put in at 12. I would change the appointment but she is very nervous and I don't want to put it off any longer. Have a great time! AMANDA

Kim said...

Elijah, Kaden and I are able to go.

Alaina said...

Carina and I are planning on coming too.

Alaina said...

Need encouragement...please!I'm having a hard time dealing with Carina's 2 yr old attention demands and being so tired from moving and being 8 months pregnant. I feel stupid for even sharing this because all of you have at least 2 or more children but I'm starting to feel depressed and overwhelmed at how I'm gonna pull off handling 2 small children when Carina seems enough for me now. I'm excited because God choose me to be pregnant again when we weren't even trying and didn't know if we were even going to try again but I just feel like maybe I'm not the best candidate for it. Everything is coming so fast and I don't feel prepared or ready and the last thing I want to be is sad about it but I don't feel good because I'm so tired, I can't sleep at night and Carina really likes to try me daily! Hubby is at work all the time and when he gets home he usually is on the phone with someone or busy on his computer games for hours sometimes after getting home from work. This is frustrating because I don't get a break usually until Carina is in bed. I have all these things running through my mind that Tiger doesn't like labor and delivery again, recovery, getting help from family, etc. How do you get used to waking every 1.5- 2hrs again without getting overwhelmed after you've gotten used to having at least most of the night to peace and quiet?

Heather M. said...

Alaina,
I completely feel for you and know where you are coming from. I felt the same feelings of being over whelmed when I was about due with Christian. I wasn't sure how I would juggle everything and still have enough energy and attention for Madison. You will get through this! The amazing thing is that your little guy will sleep a good amount of time. That's when you can find quality time with Carina. That, plus she is a girl and will naturally gravitate towards "helping" with the baby. You'll be surprised with how well things flow I just know it!!!

I'll call you today to chat some more. You can always bring Carina over to give yourself some down time that you so need!!!

Kim said...

Ditto what Heather said. I felt overwhelmed before each of my kids was born (except my first). I wasn't sure I could handle it or adapt to the lack of sleep, but it is amazing how God gives you the strength to do it! Also, only do what needs to be done and rest when you can. We have all been there and any one of us would be more than willing to help you out with a meal or taking Carina for a couple of hours to give you a break.

Alaina said...

Thanks Ladies,
You have been so wonderful!!!!